Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Spirit Lake Campout

Photobucket
Last weekend we had the opportunity to camp at our friends' cabin on Spirit Lake here in North Idaho. I can call it a "campout" because we slept outside in our tent. ;)
Photobucket
This is the second year that we have met here to camp, cook, fish and have fun. Also, we collect insects for our children's 4-H Entomology Project collections. It's a hoot because the girls get to chasing butterflies and dragonflies with their nets. More often than not the parents get caught up into the hunt and start running after bugs, too.
Photobucket
I have to admit, I probably got more caught up in the fishing more than anything. I caught a lot of little bass but finally hooked into one work frying.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The sunrise was just gorgeous! There was a mist coming off the lake. We were lucky enough to see a moose swimming along the edge of the lake. Unfortunately I had a fishing rod in my hand instead of a camera.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The girls got out in the boat and paddled after a few bugs.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The geese had to be "evicted" from the area when we arrived but I'm sure they moved right back in after we vacated the grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment